- 2 1/2 cups wheat bran
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup White sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable shortening, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- At First it is advisable to Pre-heat the oven to about 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C, for about 10 mins. use butter to help Grease about 18-20 big sized muffin mugs/cups, or you can even use a paper in-line with paper muffin paper liners.
Once ready now you can, Whisk the bran, flour,with some salt, and little baking soda in a big sized mixing bowl; set aside.
- Now you can beat the 2 eggs in the big mixing bowl. also you can Whisk in the buttermilk, some sugar, some molasses, and then let it get melted until it is completely smooth.
Then stir in the previously made bran mixture, add some raisins and mix until no dry lumps remain.
Then just pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tins, remember to not fill them no more than 2/3 full of the capacity, as once baked they will need space to expand inside the container.
- You can now bake it in the preheated oven until a you can see that a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, it will take about about 20 minutes for this to happen, once ready you can cool it in the oven itself for about 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Hope this was helpful to bake the prefect cake, if you liked the recipe, please leave a comment and rate this recipe, and share it with your friends.
100 0 100 82